Some debatabely jingoistic Olympic facts:
- China: 19.8% of population, 10.4% of medals.
- United States: 4.6% of population, 11.5% medals.
- Jamaica: 0.041% of population, 1.15% medals.
- India has 17% of the world’s population. They won 0.31% of Olympic medals.
- China won 27 gold medals in judged sports.
- The United States won 4 gold medals in judged sports.
- China’s “non-judged” medal tally was 24/17/14/55.
- The “non-judged” medal tally for the United States: 32/31/27/90.
(thanks go out to Chris Chase and Getty Images(photo) )